Postdoctoral Fellow in Philosophy
International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of philosophy, humanities, education and cultural practices.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
● Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of philosophy or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
● Candidates should have a strong background in skills in working with sources and archival work, skills in analytical work with modern material in the online space; ability to work in team; conduct research;
● Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
● Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of Vladimir Kantor, Laboratory Head, Chief Research Fellow ;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue research project:
o Transformation of European Ideas on Russian Soil: Borrowing and Criticism in the Humanities, Education and Cultural Practices.
The aim of the project: the study of the movement of Russian thought from the Early Modern Age as a reflection, direct borrowing or criticism of European ideas with their subsequent transformation and development in Russian intellectual culture. The development of an interdisciplinary problem of intellectual dialogue between Russia and Europe is expected in three areas: philosophy, the humanities, the field of education and cultural practices. Research can be the subject of both intellectual history and modern problems of the intellectual dialogue between Russia and Europe.
● writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue;
● participation in the events of International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
● some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Lab offers access to its information resources, databases and electronic subscriptions of the HSE University; participation in scientific and educational events and programs of the HSE University for scientific advancement and career development; work with renowned experts in the subject area in an international and interdisciplinary research team; participation in HSE academic mobility and professional development programs.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiringInternational Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship — Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university — official web-site;
- about the International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue — official web-site of the International Laboratory for the Study of Russian and European Intellectual Dialogue or contact manager Elena Shamarina, email@example.com directly;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow — International Faculty Support.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org